Since 2004, Architectural Society of China, Housing and Urban-Rural Construction Department of Shandong Province and People's Government of Weihai Municipality have successfully held 9 China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prixes & Habitat Festivals, and built an important platform to display the talents of architectural designers and promote the growth of young architectural design talents. This Prix has become a famous competition in the domestic and foreign architectural design sectors, a bright urban brand of Weihai, and the first national and longest large-scale professional competition organized by the local government.
In June 2018, Secretary General Xi Jinping visited Weihai and instructed “Weihai shall strive for delicate city”, which set up a guide lamp for high-quality development of Weihai. In April 2017, Premier Li Keqiang visited Weihai and instructed “well hold the China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix, build the national platform of architectural design, exhibit the high-quality architectural designs, show more architectural design talents, and foster a famous brand in the international architectural design sector”. To deeply carry out the important instruction of Secretary General Xi Jinping, fulfill the important instruction requirement of Premier Li Keqiang, fully improve the national urban design and architectural creation, Housing and Urban-Rural Construction Department of Shandong Province , People’s Government of Weihai Municipality and Architectural Society of China have decided to hold the “2019 10th China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix” jointly. Now, the related specific matters are notified below:
(I) Sponsor: People’s Government of Weihai Municipality and Housing and Urban-Rural Construction Department of Shandong Province
(II) Academic supporter: Architectural Society of China
(III) Undertaker: China Habitat Environment Prize Office, Weihai Municipal Housing and Urban & Rural Construction Bureau, Weihai State-owned Capital Operation Co., Ltd., Weihai Qidong Urban Brand Operation Co., Ltd.
(IV) Supporting organization: Shandong Land Development Group Co., Ltd.
II. Competition content
The topics of this Prix are classified into the following two types:
1st: International grand architectural design prix
Competition topic: Delicate City · Attractive Design
Content: Give priority to public buildings, industrial buildings and residential buildings, including urban design, community planning and landscape design, etc. Both the engineering projects completed in recent years and the design schemes are allowed for competition.
2nd: Architectural design plan competition
Topic: Delicate City · Architectural Design of Sand Lake Concert Hall in Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town
Design background: Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town is located at the easternmost of Shandong Peninsula, and has a planned land area of 11,994 mu, including about 3,261 mu for construction. Based on its own advantages and with reference to international experience, this project aims to show the cultural features, construct a small art town, build a harbor without darkness, and establish a regional living room through ecology priority, advantages highlighting, differential positioning, industrial and residential integration, and overall land and sea planning, in order to build a comprehensive industrial system with the whole ocean art culture industry chain as chain, the coastal tourism industry as engine, and the healthy and beautiful living, education and medical treatment and ecological livable environment industry as bracing.
Design tasks: Sand Lake concert hall will be constructed on the north of Sand Lake in the Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town (Annex 1: Current status and plan drawings of position of Sand Lake concert hall in Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town; Annex 2: Topographic map of land of Sand Lake concert hall in Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town; Annex 3: General references for architectural design plan competition of Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town), has a land area of 1 ha., and is mainly used for holding of music festivals, performances and chorus competitions. The competitors shall complete the design task, and submit at least two copies of A0-size design scheme in electronic form (for more detailed data, please contact the Builder – Shandong Lukun Haiyun Real Estate Co., Ltd.; contact person: Sun Yanlu at 0086-631-7175070).
Design keys: The design topic is unlimited. The designers shall bring forward their unique concepts and present the following keys according to the position and national conditions of project site, by building technologies, environment-friendly lighting, solar energy, geothermal energy, green traffic and other measures, and through overall landscape improvement, forest form transformation and environment protection accessories, etc.:
1. Perfect combination of music art with building function;
2. Expression and innovation of architectural art;
3. Organic integration of buildings with surrounding environment;
4. Feasibility of building;
Design function and scale:
1. Hold the large-scale singing competition;
2. Music performance;
3. Leisure service in the concert hall;
4. The scale of concert hall is controlled at 1000~1200 seats.
Related domestic and foreign planning and building design enterprises, and related domestic and foreign building designers. The works can be signed by individuals or groups.
IV. Competition requirements
1. Works submitted for competition shall meet the following conditions:
(1) Meet the relevant national regulations, standards and provisions, and the compulsory provisions of national construction standards;
(2) Implement the applicable, economic, green and beautiful architectural policies, strive for science, respect for nature, and coordinate the building with environment, to reflect the regional culture and national features;
(3) Ensure the reasonable spatial arrangement and the inter-infiltration between indoor and outdoor environments;
(4) Make breakthroughs in energy saving, (including reasonable use of green energy), land saving, water saving and material saving, and fully reflect the design trend of modern green, environment-friendly and ecological building;
(5) Focus on application of new technologies and materials under the condition that the function requirements are met;
(6) Fully reflect the caring for the vulnerable groups, and comprehensively apply the barrier-free design;
(7) Make breakthroughs in solving of technical difficulties of the industry;
(8) Have the outstanding social, economic and environmental benefits.
2. The competitors shall carefully fill the competition application receipt (Annex 4: Application receipt for 2019 10th China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix).
3. All the works submitted for competition will not be returned so the competitors shall reserve backups. The Organization Committee shall have the copyright of every work received.
V. Drawing requirements
1. The drawing board size shall be A0 (Annex 5: Design template for Lukun Cup · 10th China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix). The competitors shall submit at least two copies of A0-size design schemes in electronic form, take the name of submitted work as file name, and number the works in sequence. All the drawing boards will be made by the Sponsor. Neither registration fee nor making expense of display board is charged for this Prix.
2. The design scheme shall consist of general plan, elevation and section drawings and effect and analysis graphs reflecting the design concept fully as well as drawings necessary in the opinion of the author. The specific expression method is unlimited. The idea description within 1000 words shall be provided, which can be integrated with the drawings.
3. The competitors shall submit one copy of resume in electronic form, one 2’’ identification photo (300DPI). The resume shall contain name, sex, date of birth, native place, work unit, job, title and other information of competitor.
VI. Evaluation and award
The works shall be evaluated by the evaluation committee consisting of domestic and foreign famous experts and scholars invited by the Architectural Society of China. For the winning works, the Sponsor will offer bonuses and honor certificates.
The works submitted for competition will be evaluated respectively in aspects of international grand architectural design prix and architectural design plan competition.
(I) International grand architectural design prix: 1 gold award with RMB 50,000 Yuan bonus; 3 silver awards with RMB 30,000 Yuan bonus each; 5 bronze awards with RMB 10,000 Yuan bonus each; 50 excellence awards with RMB 2,000 Yuan bonus each.
(II) Architectural design plan competition: 1 gold award with RMB 100,000 Yuan bonus; 2 silver awards with RMB 50,000 Yuan bonus each; 5 bronze awards with RMB 20,000 Yuan bonus each; 20 excellence awards with RMB 3,000 Yuan bonus each. For the feasible excellent design, the Builder will deepen and apply the design scheme, and mark the winning individual or team on the building nameplate or at other position remarkably. The deepening of design scheme will be first entrusted to the winning individual or team, and the design expense incurred will be paid separately.
All the above bonuses include taxes.
VII. Time schedule
1. The application receipt shall be mailed to Weihai Qidong Urban Brand Operation Co., Ltd. before April 30, 2019.
2. The electronic-form design schemes of works for competition and the resumes and 2’’ identification photos of competitors shall be mailed to Weihai Qidong Urban Brand Operation Co., Ltd. before July 31, 2019.
Contact qq: 1463906702
VIII. Contact information
Weihai Qidong Urban Brand Operation Co., Ltd. (application receiver)
Address: 264200, No. 53-19 North Haibin Road, Huancui District, Weihai City, Shandong Province, China
Contact person: Xu Qian
Contact qq: 1463906702
Contact phone: 0086-631-5351006
Shandong Lukun Haiyun Real Estate Co., Ltd. (project builder)
Address: 264300, Haiyun Resort, Gangxi Town, Rongcheng City, Shandong Province, China
Contact person: Sun Yanlu
Contact phone: 0086-631-7175070
Housing and Urban-Rural Construction Department of Shandong Province
Contact phone: 0086-531-87080867, 87080865
Architectural Society of China
Contact phone: 0086-10-88082242, 88082239
Annex 1: Current status and plan drawings of position of Sand Lake concert hall in Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town
Annex 2: Topographic map of land of Sand Lake concert hall in Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town
Annex 3: General references for architectural design plan competition of Hutoujiao Ocean Art Town
Annex 4: Application receipt for 2019 10th China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix
Annex 5: Design template for 2019 10th China Weihai International Grand Architectural Design Prix